Quarantine - still delievered regularly

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

MSZ

Quarantine - still delievered regularly

Post by MSZ » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am

Hello,

I recently see emails in the logs that are supposed to be in quarantined, but are getting delivered into the inbox regularly .
Moreover, it seems random that some mails are getting delivered into the spam folder, some not.
Regardless of the blocklist used (mostly MIPSpace-poor (41) or xbl.spamhaus)

In the settings the following is ticked "on": Anti-Spam -> System -> Options -> Deliver to Spam folder

How do I get quarantined emails delivered reliably into the spam folder?

Here my system details:
Magicspam Version 2.1-19.1
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.48
OS Debian 11.5

magicspam

Re: Quarantine - still delievered regularly

Post by magicspam » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Hello MSZ,

Based on our understanding, incoming emails that have been flagged as spam (Quarantine) by MagicSpam are more often than not delivered to the inbox rather than the spam folder even though the 'Deliver to Spam folder' configuration is enabled at the global level. Did we understand you correctly?

To begin troubleshooting, ensure that the 'Deliver to Spam folder' configuration is enabled at the user level for email domains experiencing the reported issue.
MagicSpam User Panel >> Spam Settings >> Quarantine Settings >> Deliver to Spam folder
Note that the user level configuration supersedes the global level configuration in regards to the quarantine settings.

Otherwise, would you provide us with the following information:
  1. Did this issue only start to occur after the upgrade?
  2. Are there any differences between the email domains experiencing and not experiencing the reported issue?
Thank you.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

MSZ

Post by MSZ » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:53 pm

Thanks for the prompt response :)
magicspam wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:30 pm
Based on our understanding, incoming emails that have been flagged as spam (Quarantine) by MagicSpam are more often than not delivered to the inbox rather than the spam folder even though the 'Deliver to Spam folder' configuration is enabled at the global level. Did we understand you correctly?
Yes, you understood that correctly.
magicspam wrote:

To begin troubleshooting, ensure that the 'Deliver to Spam folder' configuration is enabled at the user level for email domains experiencing the reported issue.
MagicSpam User Panel >> Spam Settings >> Quarantine Settings >> Deliver to Spam folder
Note that the user level configuration supersedes the global level configuration in regards to the quarantine settings.
Yes, the option is enabled on a global level, I have also checked & ensured that it is enabled at domain/customer level.
magicspam wrote:

Otherwise, would you provide us with the following information:
  1. Did this issue only start to occur after the upgrade?
  2. Are there any differences between the email domains experiencing and not experiencing the reported issue?
1. I am not sure about this; however after upgrading to the most recent version 2.1-19.1 I was monitoring the logs more closely and that's why I found out.
2. No differences. Different mail-accounts from different domains/customers experience the same issues.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:34 pm

Hello MSZ,

Thank you for the additional information.

Based on the provided information, MagicSpam should have delivered incoming emails flagged as spam (Quarantine) to the recipients spam folder rather than the inbox. It's even weirder that this happens for some customers but not others considering that they have the same configurations.

As this is quite an unusual issue, we would appreciate it if you would be able to grant ssh (root) access to your server for our Senior Engineer Team to investigate this issue directly. Would you please contact us via email for further instructions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”