MagicSpam and Spamassassin

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

rufus

MagicSpam and Spamassassin

Post by rufus » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:45 pm

I recently moved to a new server after previously using Spamassassin and MailScanner and MagicSpam was recommended to me for the new server.

I'm only a couple of weeks down the track since the server move and I have to say MagicSpam is not performing as well as my previous setup. I am getting the same obvious spam messages again and again.

There is an option in WHM/cPanel to run Spamassassin on a per account basis. Is it okay to do this?

Also, what can I do to improve MagicSpam's accuracy? Is there a way to mark messages as spam so that MagicSpam learns?

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam and Spamassassin

Post by magicspam » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello rufus,

Thank you for your post.

In normal conditions MagicSpam will block most of the spam before it even enters to your system.
In case of increased attacks, feel free to enable the Spam Assassin on your system as a last line of defense, to eliminate those spam messages that do manage to sneak through.

MagicSpam is compatible with the content-filtering system SpamAssassin, and we encourage you that it is enabled in your system for additional anti-spam defense.

Thank you for supporting MagicSpam!

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

rufus

Post by rufus » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for your response.

What can I do to improve MagicSpam's accuracy?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello rufus,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing any uncaught spam issues on your server.

If so, feel free to send the MagcSpam logs for examination at our support email address:

support@magicspam.com

To retrieve MagicSpam logs, you can use the MagicSpam interface and access the "Logs" tab.

In the log search result output, you have the option to export/save the log search results to a CSV file. Once you have the CSV file, you can email that as an attachment to us for examination using your email client.

Please make sure that you remove entries where mua=yes and highlight only HAM entries that are spam.

Also, can you please send us screenshots of the following two tabs in your MagicSpam control panel:

Settings / Server Policies
and
Settings / IP Reputation

With the requested information, we will be able to provide better suggestions for addressing the uncaught spam issue.

Please note that you do have an option to whitelist/blacklist a sender straight from the log search tab in your MagicSpam.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”