Experience with MagicSpam® PRO for DirectAdmin

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

tristan

Experience with MagicSpam® PRO for DirectAdmin

Post by tristan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:43 am

Does anyone overhere have experience with the new-ish MagicSpam® PRO edition?

https://www.magicspam.com/anti-spam-...rect-admin.php

emailed back and forth with their sales team since the release of the Pro version this year but they still don't have any documentation or screenshots of how this Pro version integrates with DirectAdmin unfortunately.

Got a "You cannot post in this forum." message when trying to post this to the MagicSpam PRO for DirectAdmin ‹ General Discussions and Support Questions board so I'm posting it here. Feel free to move this topic to the correct board of course.

tristan

Re: Experience with MagicSpam® PRO for DirectAdmin

Post by tristan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:34 am

Tested out MagicSpam® PRO for DirectAdmin this month. I couldn't test much unfortunately since the install fails already at step one of the install process:

Code: Select all

#dpkg -i magicspampro-directadmin-2.1-8.1-jessie64.amd64.deb 
Selecting previously unselected package magicspampro-directadmin.
dpkg: regarding magicspampro-directadmin-2.1-8.1-jessie64.amd64.deb containing magicspampro-directadmin, pre-dependency problem:
magicspampro-directadmin pre-depends on curl
 curl is not installed.

dpkg: error processing archive magicspampro-directadmin-2.1-8.1-jessie64.amd64.deb (--install):
pre-dependency problem - not installing magicspampro-directadmin
Errors were encountered while processing:
magicspampro-directadmin-2.1-8.1-jessie64.amd64.deb

# curl
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information
Contacted support about this. Apparently they check to see whether curl is installed with a normal dpkg dependancy while DirectAdmin installs a lot of software via their CustomBuild 2 system. Curl is an example of software installed by default with Custombuild 2 in every DirectAdmin install.
We have also heard back from our development team on the reported
issue. Our development team will be looking in the solution of the
issue with the curl package; however, we do not have a timeline in
which the issue with the curl package will be fixed.
A temporary solution would be to install the Debian supplied curl version as well, this will probably break a lot of stuff in DirectAdmin and it's supplied software so I'll wait for the update debs from MagicSpam for now.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”