MagicSpam not working? No log, no stats

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

opera33

MagicSpam not working? No log, no stats

Post by opera33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 am

I'm using MailEnable v8.65 with Windows 2012, and installed the latest MagicSpam Plus 2.1-8.1.

Have enabled the protection, but in the installation folder , logs, does not contain any logs on spam but only error.log which does not have much info.

Tried both 32 and 64 bit.

Not sure what should I do from here.

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam not working? No log, no stats

Post by magicspam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Hello Opera33,

Thank you for your post.

Our development is aware of this issue in the latest MagicSpam PLUS 2.1-8.1 version for MailEnable, and is preparing the fix for this issue.

In the meantime, until the fix becomes available, please download the previous MagicSpam PLUS for MailEnable 2.1-7.2 version on our download site:

https://www.magicspam.com/download

and install it in your system.

Please remember to un-install the current MagicSpam version from your server before installing the 2.1-7.2 version.

We expect the fix to become available in the next day or two.

Thank you.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Hello Opera33,

We just wanted to update you on this issue and let you know that the issue has now been resolved and the update is now available in the most recent MagicSpam PLUS for MailEnable version: 2.1-8.2.

Please download this latest MagicSpam version from our download site:

https://www.magicspam.com/download/

and reinstall it in your system.

Thank you again for reporting this issue with us.

Qnet

Post by Qnet » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:31 am

Hi guys,
yesterday I de-installed spamassassin and installed my new MagicSpam PLUS version 2.1-12.2 on a MailEnable Prof.
Somehow I thougt everything will run straight away, as I read on the MagicSpam website. :roll: But it doesnot seem to work.
I get no logs and no stats.

Do I have to turn any screws on MailEnable?

Thanks for any tips
Mike

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Hey Qnet,

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on our understanding, MagicSpam PLUS for MailEnable 2.1-12.2 is not processing email after installation on your MailEnable Professional server. Did we understand you correctly?

MagicSpam integrates with MailEnable via a special file-based hook developed specifically for us, so MagicSpam should work as long as our MagicSpam DLL is placed in the correct directory.

To begin troubleshooting, if you installed the 64-bit version of MagicSpam PLUS for MailEnable, please uninstall the 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version. We have found that sometimes MailEnable is running in 32-bit mode and needs the 32-bit version of the MagicSpam installation.

Otherwise please provide us with the following information:
  1. Name of MagicSpam installation executable
  2. Is MailEnable running in 32-bit or 64-bit mode?
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”