Sender from blacklist whole domain

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

junior.dinhost

Sender from blacklist whole domain

Post by junior.dinhost » Wed May 03, 2023 8:27 am

Hello there,

When trying to add a whole domain in the sender from blacklist, (eg: *@somedomain.com) we're hitting an error saying that generalizations of this kind of registry are not allowed due to security reasons.

I would like to know how to change that behavior because this server is hosting a single customer and its his wish to add this blacklist entry.

Also, I found a file (/etc/magicspam/from_blacklist) which holds all the blacklist entries, I'd like to know if I can bypass that limitation by writing this file directly by adding a new line with the desired value.

Thanks

magicspam

Re: Sender from blacklist whole domain

Post by magicspam » Wed May 03, 2023 10:06 am

Hello Junior,

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on our understanding, you were not able to add wildcard entries to the Sender From Blacklist (e.g. *@somedomain.com). Did we understand you correctly?

MagicSpam PRO for Plesk does allow wildcard entries to be added to the Sender From Blacklist, so the reported issue is definitely not usual.

To start troubleshooting, would you attempt to add the wildcard entry again and provide us with a screenshot of the error message?

Lastly would you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating system version and architecture
2. MagicSpam version
3. Were there any recent updates or upgrades in your server?
4. Was this a fresh MagicSpam installation?
5. What is the version of your web panel?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”