Country Blocking Not Working

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

serverxy

Country Blocking Not Working

Post by serverxy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am

Hello,

I have disabled all countries from cpanel and allowed only one country for email login protection. When i am trying to login from another location which is in block list. It is logged in it means country blocking is not working.. Please tell me how to make it success.

magicspam

Re: Country Blocking Not Working

Post by magicspam » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 am

Hello serverxy,

Thank you for your post.

To better assist you with this issue, could you please let us know in which section in MagicSpam you have blocked all but one country.

In addition, could you please let us know what is the country that is enabled and provide us the authentication log for the successful login you are mentioned in your post?

You can retrieve authentication logs from the "Logs" tab in MagicSpam admin interface panel in the "Authentication Log Search" section.

Thank you serverxy.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

serverxy

Post by serverxy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Hello,

First i enabled country blocking from Cpanel magicspam security option. I blocked USA but when i opened webmail from USA location from my RDP it was working i mean login works...

I have also disabled countries from whm security tab but still those countries working.

Logs attached please check..

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am

Hello serverxy,

Thank you for your reply.

We do not see the provided logs, could you please copy and paste the log in your next post or send the logs indicating the successful login from the blocked country to our support team - support@magicspam.com?

It would also be very helpful if you could provide us a screenshot of the "Security / Country Authentication Restrictions" tab
in MagicSpam for review.

While we are troubleshooting the reported issue, we would suggest resetting the country list in the WHM/cPanel security tab.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

MSZ

Post by MSZ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi,

I use MagicSpam for Plesk but can confirm the post from serverxy.

Country Authentication Restrictions are not working at all.

I have blocked access for China - however have regular massive access attempts from China on dovecot & postfix.
These are additionally caught by Fail2Ban; however I thought MagicSpam would block this beforehand.

Also tried to "block all but one country" doesnt work- access is not blocked.

My System is as follows:
- CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (Core)
- Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.30 Update #2
- MagicSpam ver 2.1-15.1

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!
MSZ

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello MSZ,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that MagicSpam country authentication block works only for SMTP transaction, i.e. if a customer is logging in from the blocked country to send an email via your server, such transaction would be blocked. If this is not the case, please contact our support team directly at suppor@magicspam.com and provide authentication logs from the country that is currently blocked via the country authentication block in your MagicSpam. That way, our support team can perform an in-depth investigation and further assist you with this issue.

Please let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

chcxab

Post by chcxab » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:37 pm

I have the same problem, on plesk, centos, any solution¿

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Hello chcxab,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that your question was responded to in the following thread:

https://forums.magicspam.com/viewtopic. ... 5&t=237388