new installation

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

algorges

new installation

Post by algorges » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:39 am

I purchased and installed magic pro for my cpanel server, in tests I noticed that spamassassin is not being used in filtering.
when I went to check the exim settings, this message appears.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.39.05.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.39.05.png (22.86 KiB) Viewed 10158 times

magicspam

Re: new installation

Post by magicspam » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:41 pm

Hello Algorges,

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on our understanding, you noticed that SpamAssassin was not processing inbound messages and went to check the Exim Configuration Manager in the WHM Panel and saw a warning message related to MagicSpam. Did we understand you correctly?

The MagicSpam warning message is unrelated to SpamAssassin not processing inbound emails.

Our development team is aware of the reported warning message and this warning can be safely ignored for now as per the following forum post.

If you search in your web browser (ctrl + f) on the "Exim Configuration Manager > Advanced Editor" page for "virtual_user:", you should see that the "virtual_user" router exists.

Please note that the warning exists only on the interface and can be safely ignored as long as the Exim service is running.

Furthermore, this issue is being investigated by the cPanel team and you can find more information in cPanel forum thread.

Otherwise, were you able to successfully configure SpamAssassin to process inbound emails?

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”