v1.0.5.3-4 not scanning

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

cain

v1.0.5.3-4 not scanning

Post by cain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:18 pm

I have installed v1.0.5.3-4 with ME v4x . Magic spam says it is running but all stats are zero.
Is there another step I need to take?
Not sure if its relevent but during install dos prompt box said it had a fatal error backing up mail daemon. but instal completed any way

I have uninstalled and reinstalled still same problem still same error duirng instal

Please help

magicspam

Re: v1.0.5.3-4 not scanning

Post by magicspam » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Thank you for your post cain!

Based on what you are describing, it sounds as if the MagicSpam package install did not have enough privileges to properly stop, rename, and replace the MESMTPC.exe binary on your server. Were you installing as 'Administrator' or as a user in the 'Administrator' group?

If you were installing as Administrator, then there are likely some special security restrictions in place on either the file or the directory. One thing you can try to overcome this is (NOTE: proceed with caution!) (NOTE: if you are running 64 bit windows and the version of MailEnable is 4.x Standard, then replace 'Bin' with 'Bin64', and c:\magicspam\me\MESMTPC.exe with c:\magicspam\me\MESMTPC64.exe)

* Stop MailEnable SMTP Connector service
* Make a backup of %PROGRAM FILES%\Mail Enable\Bin\MESMTPC.exe
* Copy c:\magicspam\me\MESMTPC.exe to %PROGRAM FILES%\Mail Enable\Bin\MESMTPC.exe
* Start MailEnable SMTP Connector service.

Let us know if this works! If you are not comfortable with this process then please feel free to contact us directly at support [at] magicspam [dot] com and we can make arrangements to help you out.

Cheers!

cain

Post by cain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Looking into it a bit more it is register.exe that is throwing the error. The path is truncated so I cant see if it is looking for for the file in the right place

cain

Post by cain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks that seemed to do the trick

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”