What happens to Spam?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dcol

What happens to Spam?

Post by dcol » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 pm

I just purchased the non-plus version for MailEnable and I see it is already capturing Spam. Looks promising

How can I view this spam to make sure that it is correctly flagged?
Can I send this spam to a specific email address for inspection?

magicspam

Re: What happens to Spam?

Post by magicspam » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Hello dcol,

Thank you for your post.

MagicSpam rejects all SPAM messages by default, and once rejected, messages cannot be retrieved for a review.

In MagicSpam PLUS version for MailEnable, you can have a policy enabled in the "FLAG" mode and instead of being rejected right away, the message would be delivered into customer's Spam folder, where it can be reviewed and excluded if needed.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

dcol

Post by dcol » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:58 pm

That's my point. How do I know that legit mail isn't being flagged as spam. Is there a log of all blocked email addresses?
I really should have the plus version. I have already had a few people say they never got some mail, but I don't know if MagicSpam just deleted it.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello dcol,

Thank you for your question.

The best way to find what messages are being rejected by MagicSpam is via the Logs Search in the 'Logs' tab in MagicSpam admin interface panel - simply search for "Detected as Spam" in the "Filter by" drop down menu.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”