Rate Limiter Exceptions Ignored

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

privateland

Rate Limiter Exceptions Ignored

Post by privateland » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi

I have two email addresses on the exception list, but they get blocked every time I send out a 1000 mails per hour broadcast email.

The default outbound limit is 150 per 5 minutes and at 1000/hr that is not being exceeded. Anyone have any idea if there is some config issue I am missing.

Pretty much means I have to turn MagicSpam off every time I send a bulk email job.

Have the same issue with exceptions on incoming mail from external IP addresses.

Been patient with this for several months now, but it needs fixing, since I am paying for something that doesn't appear to be very stable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

magicspam

Re: Rate Limiter Exceptions Ignored

Post by magicspam » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:35 am

Hello John,

While on average 1000 emails per hour does not exceed 150 emails per 5 minutes, the email account could have sent more than 150 emails within the 5 minute counting period in the hour. You have the option to configure the outbound rate limiter to better match your email server requirements for outbound email transmission.

Code: Select all

MagicSpam Admin Panel >> Anti-Spam >> System >> Options >> Advanced Options

Outbound Message Limit: 1000
	Outbound Counting Period: 60
However, it's weird that outbound email are still rate limited even after you have added the email accounts to the outbound rate limiter exemption list. You may have to add entries with the MailEnable Post Office (user@postoffice) instead of the typical email domain (user@domain.com). To confirm, you can check the Auth User column in the MagicSpam logs after performing a log search for the outbound rate limited entries.

Code: Select all

MagicSpam Admin Panel >> Logs >> Log Search

Mua: Yes
	Filter by: Rate Limited Mailboxes

MagicSpam Admin Panel >> Anti-Spam >> Exemptions >> Per-User Rate Limiter Whitelist

user@postoffice
You mention that you are having the same issue with the exemptions of inbound rate limiter as well. We would need to see the inbound rate limited entries in the MagicSpam logs and entries in the Per-IP Rate Limiter Whitelist to further troubleshoot. Would you prepare that information for us and send it to our support email account (support@magicspam.com).

Thank you and please let us know if you have any other questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”