Qmail and outgoing SMTP

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

huppertz

Qmail and outgoing SMTP

Post by huppertz » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:47 pm

I have problems with Qmail and outgoing SMTP mail. With few domains Qmail cannot get a TLS negotiation. I wanted to switch off TLS for those domains and did so by putting those domain*s FQDN as files unter the directory var/qmail/control/notlshosts .
But this does not work (new SMTP connections still use TLS) and even if I stop the Qmail SMTP daemon, I can still reach SMTP on my server. So I assume that MagicSpam includes an own SMTP server which might interfere with the special functions of the original Qmail SMTP server.

Is this true and is there any way to instruct the outermost SMTP server to build up an unencrypted connection to certain domains.
Another idea would be to exclude certain encryption types like SSLv3.

Jochen Huppertz
Logistics Hueckelhoven

magicspam

Re: Qmail and outgoing SMTP

Post by magicspam » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am

Hello Jochen,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that MagicSpam does not operate as an SMTP daemon and will not be able to run unless the Qmail SMTP daemon is running. That said, MagicSpam runs as a qmail plugin and has no effect on TLS negotiation. With that in mind, the reported issue is not related to MagicSpam and and we would suggest further investigating this issue in qmail.

We hope this information helps.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”