Mails marked as SPAM but is on WhiteList

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

foryumedia

Mails marked as SPAM but is on WhiteList

Post by foryumedia » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Hej Guys,

we are using now MagicSpam on one of our Plesk Servers for an half year.

Unfortunally we have an Issue which is not good for our daily work.

Since we use MagicSpam, we have less Spam in our incoming. For sure some Mails are landing in the Spam for the first time, we see it and take it on the Whitelist.
Most of them i add like "*@website.com" so all E-Mails which are incoming from "website.com" are whitlisted and can pass the Filter.

But not all of these are working and i can´t find the filter leveling for maybe change the strength...
These is a big problem, because so we´ve lost mails and time and maybe some orders because we´ve not answered.

So, i hope anyone can help me with this problem, why should MagicSpam not consider the WhiteList.

Regards

magicspam

Re: Mails marked as SPAM but is on WhiteList

Post by magicspam » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:13 pm

Hello foryumedia,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue using MagicSpam but we are more than happy to assist you with this problem.

The MagicSpam Sender From White List does not operate on the From header but rather the SMTP MAIL FROM which is the equivalent to the Return-Path header, so the most likely reason that the whitelist entry does not exempt the email is that the From header differs from the Return-Path header.

To confirm, you can find the Return-Path header by viewing the source of the email through your email client. If the Return-Path header is different from the From header, add the address in the Return-Path header to the MagicSpam Sender From White List.

Otherwise would you be able to clarify what you meant by 'can´t find the filter leveling for maybe change the strength'. Are you asking about adjusting your MagicSpam configurations?

Also just to confirm, are you using the PRO or LITE version of MagicSpam for Plesk?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

- Sia
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

foryumedia

Post by foryumedia » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:39 am

magicspam wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:13 pm
Hello foryumedia,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue using MagicSpam but we are more than happy to assist you with this problem.

The MagicSpam Sender From White List does not operate on the From header but rather the SMTP MAIL FROM which is the equivalent to the Return-Path header, so the most likely reason that the whitelist entry does not exempt the email is that the From header differs from the Return-Path header.

To confirm, you can find the Return-Path header by viewing the source of the email through your email client. If the Return-Path header is different from the From header, add the address in the Return-Path header to the MagicSpam Sender From White List.

Otherwise would you be able to clarify what you meant by 'can´t find the filter leveling for maybe change the strength'. Are you asking about adjusting your MagicSpam configurations?

Also just to confirm, are you using the PRO or LITE version of MagicSpam for Plesk?

- Sia
Thank you Sia!
With the Note of the Return-Path it helped a lot!
Now this works for me fine, thank you.

For the other Question of the Filter:
In Plesk regulary you have a Spam-filter for the strengh of spamassassin.
So, since we have MagicSpam PRO there isn´t a possibility to manage the level of the filter.

I ask just to know for me, if there is an setting or not.

Regards

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:42 am

Hello foryumedia,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Moreover, since you are using the PRO version of MagicSpam, you have access to our custom content filtering rules which provide an extra layer of protection on top of the default SpamAssassin content filtering rules. These enhanced SpamAssassin rules can be enabled/disabled through MagicSpam interface:
MagicSpam Admin Panel >> Anti-Spam >> SpamAssassin >> SpamAssassin Settings
By default, these rules operate on a required score of 5 and while they can be enabled/disabled through MagicSpam interface, there is no settings to adjust the required score of these rules.

- Sia
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”