Block Ip´s

Help us help you. We all want the product to continually improve, and you the customer can help us with that. Please visit here for ideas about our future roadmaps, schedules etc, and feel free to post your WISHLISTS for our developers and management to read.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

Gator767

Block Ip´s

Post by Gator767 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi, there is another question in this forum for custom block ip´s

would be a great addon to add custom blocked ip´s, for example, i recently installed magicspam on a new server and is blocking all emails, but i saw 3 spam messages who passed my actual settings.. i cant modify my settings because i will be blocking servers who send good emais.. but i wish to be able to add those spammer ips.

hope you can add this for a future soon release :P

and remember to add the custom rejected messages... and maybe we can start translating the module and rejected messages, to have more people using magicspam.

i can help to translate magicspam to spanish..

magicspam

Re: Block Ip´s

Post by magicspam » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks for your input! We have notified our developers of this request.

Would you be able to provide the headers for the spam messages which got through? We can pass them along to our spam auditors for further review and addition to an appropriate list.

The custom rejection messages are certainly on our roadmap. It is one of the more requested features.

Thanks for your offer to translate MagicSpam to Spanish. We will certainly let our development team know and they will be in contact with you in the future when we look at adding new languages to the software.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Gator767

Post by Gator767 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Im going to collect the spam messages ..

but now i have another problem.. my server seems to be spamming.. i dont know if is a vulnerability from Horde..
but the network is ok(no spam or virus workstations) and this is the header of the outgoing spam..

Received: (qmail 9791 invoked by uid 48); 25 Jun 2009 16:33:02 -0500
Received: from 192.168.9.253 (192.168.9.253 [192.168.9.253]) by
webmail.apexbbdo.com.sv (Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Thu, 25 Jun 2009
16:33:01 -0500
Message-ID: <20090625163301.38pksk1ipcs4k000@webmail.xxxxxxxx.com.sv>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:33:01 -0500
From: "Patricia Angello." <Volkswagen@patricia-angello.com>
Reply-to: darcangel_williams@yahoo.com.hk
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Internet User Encouragement Promotions
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1;
DelSp="Yes";
format="flowed"
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.4

Maybe you can provide me some help..

regards.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:33 pm

It looks as though someone has compromised an account on your webmail server and is sending spam through it. It doesn't look as though Horde provides the username which they are logging in with, so its hard to say which user has been compromised. There might be some logs that you can look into to find more information. You do have a timestamp, from and to addresses which you could search for.

As a side note, our developers are looking at adding rate limiters to the MagicSpam software. This will definitely help with compromised accounts like this.

Let us know when you have those spam messages together.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “Wishlists and Roadmaps”