How to remove our ip 51.83.2.14 from your blacklist

There will always be opinions, both good and bad on how MagicSpam protection, rules and policies are used, and what the defaults should be. Different environments may have different needs. We try to find the perfect balance, and that is not always easy. Just remember that we have to satisfy millions of users.. not just one person.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

JoseSipe

How to remove our ip 51.83.2.14 from your blacklist

Post by JoseSipe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:51 am

Hi! you're blocking our ip 51.83.2.14

I've search it on mxtoolbox.com, and in every other site you recommend on the bounce message link (http://spamauditor.org/best-practices/ip-reputation), spamrats, mipspace, spamhaus, spamcop, sorbs... but It is not listed in any.

Can you remove it from you're blacklist? 51.83.2.14

Is there any way of finding in what blacklist is listed? It would be usefull if in the bounce message would appear the name of the blocking list.

magicspam

Re: How to remove our ip 51.83.2.14 from your blacklist

Post by magicspam » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello JoseSipe,

Thank you for your post.

In this case your sending email address, IP or your domain have been blacklisted by the recipient or administrator of the remote servers.

Please contact the recipient via alternative means and ask them to 'whitelist' you.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 pm

Hello JoseSipe,

After further review, we noticed that it is most likely the case where your IP was blacklisted in one the lists (spamrats, mipspace, sorbs...) when you first sent the email, and it got delisted shortly after that so your IP didn't appear as listed when you searched on mxtoolbox.com.

Now you should be able to send the email.

We hope this information helps.

DocBenc

Post by DocBenc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:33 am

I am a "victim" of your antispam, I have a couple of IPs in mipspace, I am a sysadmin so I will not post my IPs on a public forum.

This is an interesting antispam system that uses blacklists on first contact helo, in the the old fashioned way. This might be a good thing, but not if you are using blacklists where IPs once entered are held in prison for life without any maintenance.

As you know, IPv4 addresses have long been out of stock, so they are reassigned and it is quite unlikely to find "clean" IPv4. This is why a good smarter antispam like rSpamd does its job very well.

In short Mipspace did not respond to my request and (after a month) they asked to be contacted by the network owner (this is silly the rdns indicates my company).

Your customers are missing important business mail due to the misuse or worst use of the blacklist lists in your antispam system, you are solely responsible for maintaining a good and reliable system for forwarding good mail.

In 2022 block mail based on presence of single IPs in a specific blacklist is not a good idea believe me.

Greetings
Lorenzo
sysadmin

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello Lorenzo,

We are the developers of the software and not the maintainers of the reputation list. The MIPSPACE team isn't under our control and they have their own policies for reputation review requests. The best thing you can do is follow up with your hosting company, as MIPSPACE usually responds to all reputation review requests. You can always consider using a hosting company that doesn't have the reputation or at least one that allows you to have a 'rwhois' or SWIP entry, so that you can contact the MIPSPACE team regarding your own allocated IP(s) reputation.

Thank you.

Return to “Discussions on Spam Protection Policies and Default Rules”