Spam with and with out MagicSpam

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

aremdee

Spam with and with out MagicSpam

Post by aremdee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi guys, not too sure if this is related to the setup we have or something else, but with or without MagicSpam installed the spam levels stay the same. Things in subject lines like "get relief from Herpes by this treatment??" or "Get Hard Erections Like Back in The Days" to name but a few come through to inboxes regularly. The old antispam software we ran worked brilliantly, unfortunately they no longer exist (MXUptime) and we really want a solution that eliminates 90 percent of spam before it reaches the inbox of customers (as well as myself). I'm not using Mailenable PLUS (perhaps that would make a difference) but I would have thought that basic keywords (like those above) would trigger the software to elliminate spam.

While on the topic of keywords, would be great if I could add some words manually like the word "SEO" to get rid of the constant stream of spam that comes from dubious sources.

magicspam

Re: Spam with and with out MagicSpam

Post by magicspam » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Hello aremdee,

Currently, MagicSpam does not operate on the content of an email but rather on the SMTP information before data like the subject line is even received. Pairing MagicSpam with another content based anti-spam solutions, such as SpamAssassin, would probably deliver the results that you want.

However, your report that your spam levels remains the same even with MagicSpam installed is a little bit concerning. This is typically a red flag that something on your system is not configured correctly. We can validate if you would provide us with your MagicSpam logs and screen shots of your Server Policies and IP Reputation Settings to support@magicspam.com, and our support team will be happy to provide you with further support.

We hope information helps.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and have a great day.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”