IP blacklist Range ?

Help us help you. We all want the product to continually improve, and you the customer can help us with that. Please visit here for ideas about our future roadmaps, schedules etc, and feel free to post your WISHLISTS for our developers and management to read.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

magicspam

Re: IP blacklist Range ?

Post by magicspam » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 am

Hello hs132,

Thank you for the post and information!

We will inform our development team about your interest in the blocking by CIDR ranges as well. We will also inform our spam auditor team about the IP ranges provided.

If possible, please also use the Log Search function in your MagicSpam panel to export the logs to a CSV file and email the file to support [AT] magicspam.com. This will help us in investigating the spam outbreak sources.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Update: we have been informed by our spam auditor team that the ranges of the IP networks provided are mostly on the MIPSPACE BMS lists. Please try enabling MIPSPACE-WORST and/or MIPSPACE-POOR lists in the Settings / IP Reputation section in your MagicSpam panel interface to increase the spam detection effectiveness.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

jestep

Post by jestep » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 pm

I am new to the forum so excuse my ignorance. But I do not see why you have to send it to anyone as this post pretty much said you would have this years ago. 2011

http://forums.wizard.ca/viewtopic.php?f ... idr#p72032

So this is confusing

FYI, this should apply to whitelists as well...

jestep_97

Post by jestep_97 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes, this is something everyone wants and was supposed to be in a previous version?? :?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Hello jestep,

Thank you for your post.

We understand you are wondering why the option to black/white list by the whole range of IPs has not yet been implemented.
Due to inherited risks this approach brings, we decided to steer away from this feature. Instead, we are focusing on different ways to prevent this problem. One of the most useful ways would be integration of BMS reputation lists which are updated on a daily basis.
With that in mind, spam outbreaks are easily controlled and spammers are blocked not just on your but on all servers using the BMS reputation lists.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and thank you for supporting MagicSpam.

jestep_97

Post by jestep_97 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 am

Can I ask what risk? Someone putting it in wrong?

I had my own spam solution I was using with qmail, and I was able to quickly add CIDR or single IPs. It allowed me to block big chucks of people I care less to have spam from...

I can understand someone could block a /8 block which may block valid hosts, but I think that should be left up to us. I think you should still provide the solution with the caveat that a user could block valid IPs. Seems better than just not allowing this at all.

And since you now have hosting, like my plesk solution, allow the provider to do cidr but not the individuals??? That seems valid to me. Spam is out of control and a lot of it comes from large networks.

Please, I beg you guys to allow this. Right now maintenance is a nightmare for this type of stuff.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Hello jestep,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will pass your suggestion to implement adding IP ranges in the Black / White lists to our development team for further consideration.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

-- MAgicSpam Support Team --

buddeel

Post by buddeel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi folks!

Just want to let you know that we need the possibility to add ip-ranges to our whitelist urgently.

Facebook is driving me crazy. Some RBL-List-Providers block them - and some of our customers don't agree with their opinion :/

Thanks in advance with many greetings from germany
Thomas

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello buddeel,

Thank you for your post.

We understand that you would like to add ranges of IPs to your whitelist, and you would like to see a feature in MagicSpam that would allow for ranges of IPs to be added to the whitelist more easily.

We have submitted this request to our development team for consideration.

Thank you again for your suggestion and please let us know if you have any further questions.

egubert

Post by egubert » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:55 am

I also wish IP ranges could be added to whitelist.

My hosting infrastructure is behind NAT, and SMTP connections between servers are done through private addressing. So , I need to be able to whitelist mail server private LANS to this whitelist.

Unforntonatelly, I have just uninstalled the product until this option is available, I hope dev team changes his mind on this. No magicspam is less security than magicspam with IP ranges.

Thanks!

puzzel76

Post by puzzel76 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 am

And still this feature request remains unheard while the spam bots continue their attack...

my latest manual additions to my blacklist:

and this happens although I use greylisting and three different RBL!

So, you still think IP range blocking is unneccessary?

Please implement this feature asap. I am (still) a paying customer!

Kind regards
Mario

Return to “Wishlists and Roadmaps”