Updates Not Occurring

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

bcw

Updates Not Occurring

Post by bcw » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:05 am

Hi,

When I check /var/cache/bms, I see that the files in the folder are not being updated. If I remove then add MagicSpam module via the Plesk interface, the files are updated, but not again after that action. The ownership of the files is to the group and owner psaadm with read/write authority. The version in use is 2.0.2-1 and it appears to have started when updating to this version, please let me know how to proceed.

magicspam

Re: Updates Not Occurring

Post by magicspam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello BCW,

Thank you for your post. The permissions appear correct. Please note that the BMS lists will update every 6 hours (randomized at install time). Is it possible you just haven't waited long enough? Please also check to make sure the cron daemon is running:

Code: Select all

ps faux | grep [c]ron
Thanks!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

bcw

Post by bcw » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi,

The daemon is running and the other MagicSpam jobs (e.g., rotate the logs) are occurring. The update has not occurred in over 24 hours and when I view magicspam-update in /etc/cron.d I see the log rotation, but there is no mention of the BMS updates. I am not certain that this is where I would find the entry so could you direct me to the appropriate location.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:51 am

Hello BCW,

Can you please confirm that you are running a LICENSED version of MagicSpam and not the Freemium version?

Thanks!

bcw

Post by bcw » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi,

Yes it is licensed and altering magicspam-update to include the missing line has started the updates occurring.

My concern at this point is that removing the package and adding it back in, either via Plesk or the command line, does not update the file. I am using magicspam-plesk-2.0.2-1-rhel5-qmail.i386.rpm and wonder what else may not being updating.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Hello bcw,

Thank you for the reply.

Would you be able to confirm the Plesk version you are running?

If you are running Plesk 12.x, please re-install MagicSpam from the Plesk's extensions catalog, and not from the .rpm file you downloaded.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”