White List

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

cmedik

White List

Post by cmedik » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Been having a few issues since updating to WHM 60.0 Build 24. When email comes in that are white listed in magic spam. Magic spam still deletes them for no reason. When i do a search in whm for email there is no listing for them or even receiving them or any record what so ever. But magic spam logs says they came in and are exempted. When i take them out of white list of magic spam my domains get the email. Any help would be great.

magicspam

Re: White List

Post by magicspam » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:39 am

Hello cmedik,

Thank you for your post.

From your post we understand that while sender being on the whitelist in MagicSpam, messagesare still not delivered to your Mailbox. MagicSpam logs show that message was received and exempt but there is no records for this email in your WHM. When you remove them from the white list the emails are delivered to your domain.

To better assist you, would you be able to tell us what version of MagicSpam are you using on your system?

Could you also be able to provide us with the log entries for those deliveries - specifically when MagicSpam does *not* have the entries in the whitelist?

Also, can you please confirm that there are no particular mail filtering set on server side or by the user itself?

Please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

cmedik

Post by cmedik » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Version:Version 2.1-5.3

Logs are set for only 5 days. So i can not provide them.

It seems to have proceeded to more then one domain on white list. Is there a limit on it i have 280 in white list. When i take them out they are getting delivered. Not sure if Magic Spam is corrupted or there is a bug in my system. Only thing i have updated is WHM.

There is no other filter i use except RBL list. But magic spam handles all that as well.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello cmedik,

Thank you for your patience.

In order to continue troubleshooting this issue, it would be very helpful if you would be able to send us the exim logs (/var/log/exim_mainlog) for analysis.

You may send it to our support email at:

support@magicspam.com

Considering that MagicSpam returns back that the emails are exempt - (white list hit), then the message and message processing should return natively back to Exim.

This said, it is possible that something may have have cross wired during the WHM upgrade.

Without taking a look at the exim logs, we can not know for sure what the problem is; however you may try following in the meantime:

From your command line remove the MagicSpam specific exim configurations:

/usr/share/magicspam/bin/register -r

Followed by:

/usr/share/magicspam/bin/register -i
/usr/share/magicspam/bin/register -a

This will reset / reinstall the MagicSpam specific additions to the Exim configuration.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you for supporting MagicSpam.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”