Mail Chimp Servers

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

BertMagic

Mail Chimp Servers

Post by BertMagic » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:40 pm

I want to be able to whitelist mail chimp servers, they offer their IP blocks in the format of

205.201.128.0/20 or 198.2.128.0/18

When I go to whitelist IP it won't accept this format though.

As you know Rule 41 is a little aggressive, its the rule that sits closest to the borderline of flagging false positives based on people joining mail lists (legit) and servers with poor ratings so I want to keep 41 on and I am white listing places I feel are legit. With Mailchimps servers names I can't create simple *@domain. rules so I decided to go IP route but then couldn't add block addresses.

How can I add a block address to the while list as such 198.2.128.0/18.

Thanks

magicspam

Re: Mail Chimp Servers

Post by magicspam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 am

Hello BertMagic,

Adding a range of IP addresses to the whitelist is not supported in MagicSpam.

The reasons that we have not yet implemented IP range white listing as a feature is
not so much that it is a technical challenge, but rather that the range of potential for
harmful entries (what if for example one decided to make an entry for 192.0.0.0/8 ?)
is a consideration we are reviewing to ensure safety measures.

Even a case instance such as what you are trying to do - by adding a /20 entry - still states
that you trust that all 4,096 IP addresses are properly managed, never compromised, and
only send material that all of your email customers wish to receive.

All that said, we have noted your interest in such a feature and we will contact you if it becomes
available at a future date.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

BertMagic

Post by BertMagic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Yea I get your reasons. When I used the IP calc to figure out have many IPs that opened up I thought WOW. But those are specific Mail Chimp IPs so like in any custom changes made to software I would be responsible for my own actions such as opening up all those IPs. If I felt it was a bad compromise then I would remove those IPs.

Honestly I just wish it could stay simple and all I would have to do is *@mailchimp.com but I guess with 4000+ IPs and 600 million emails sent daily easy doesn't fit into the picture.

BertMagic

Post by BertMagic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I will say though that when I turn on rule 41 pretty much all SPAM is gone, along with a few legit emails BUT! I like having it all gone haha.

I am really liking MagicSpam by the way. I'll be moving to yearly sub on my next pay cycle. In the past I was using some RBL lists and Spam Assassin but what you guys have done to refine that process is great. Thanks for the great product.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Hello BertMagic,

Thank you for those kind words, we're happy to hear you like MagicSpam!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”