Big spam issue

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

glennbtn

Big spam issue

Post by glennbtn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:55 am

Hi

I an new to magic spam which we have installed on a Zimbra server. When installed a few months ago the spam capture has been fantastic until the last few days. Now users are getting loads of spam emails. No settings have been changed since the install and just to be sure the server was also rebooted.

Can anyone offer a suggestion of what I should be looking for and how I may resolve the issue

magicspam

Re: Big spam issue

Post by magicspam » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello Glennbtn,

Thank you for your post.

We did notice increased spamming activities this week from newly brought up IP address space, and we are hoping that this outbreak is just a temporary issue until the new IPs get listed on IP reputation lists; however, if you are experiencing increased uncaught spam on your system, it would be very helpful if you could send us the uncaught spam log files for analysis as well.

To do so, please, use the MagicSpam interface and access the "Logs" tab.

In the log search result output, you have the option to export/save the log search results to a CSV file. Once you have the CSV file, you can email that as an attachment to us for examination using your email client at:

support@magicspam.com

Please make sure that you remove entries where mua=yes and highlight *ONLY* HAM entries that are spam.

Also, can you please send us screenshots of the following two tabs in your MagicSpam control panel:

Settings / Server Policies
and
Settings / IP Reputation

With the requested information, we will be able to provide better suggestions for addressing the uncaught spam issue.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”