Install Help

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

cmedik

Install Help

Post by cmedik » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 pm

I can usually get scripts to install but this one is new for me.

Open a terminal session and enter the following command (ensure that you replace the directory
location and filename to be accurate): rpm -i /path/to/uploaded/package

I do have ssh and root. So if im on main home directory and make a folder called MagicSpam and download magicspampro-cpanel-2.0-3.1-rhel664-cpnl11.x86_64.rpm than want to upload this file to that directory, could you please explain what I need to type.

Thanks.

magicspam

Re: Install Help

Post by magicspam » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Hello cmedik,

If you are upgrading, it is recommended that the old package be completely removed first:

rpm -e magicspampro-cpanel

To send the MagicSpam Professional installation package to your server, you can use scp on Linux or WnSCP for Windows

Using scp:

scp <directory of magicspam>magicspampro-cpanel-2.0-3.1-rhel664-cpnl11.x86_64.rpm <user>@<server.I.P>:<directory in server>

After you have the files copied to your server please use the following command to install MagicSpam Professional.

rpm -i <magicspampro-cpanel.rpm>

Don't forget to change the name on the package to the one you currently have in your server. In this particular case:

rpm -i magicspampro-cpanel-2.0-3.1-rhel664-cpnl11.x86_64.rpm

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”