Updated to MagicSpam 1.0.5-4 Comsole Screen still 1.0.5-3.4

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

gkasica

Updated to MagicSpam 1.0.5-4 Comsole Screen still 1.0.5-3.4

Post by gkasica » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:49 am

I've run the update to the latest release here for MailEnable magicspam-mailenable-1.0.5-4-win-me but in the upper left of the Admin Console its still showing 1.0.5-3.4.

Any idea of what I've got going on here? Is this just a cosmetic bug or is there a more serious issue. The install seemed to function without any issues.

gkasica

Version of MagicSpam still shows v1.0.5-3.4 after upgrade

Post by gkasica » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 am

Te version shown in te console is still showing v1.0.5-3.4 even after apparently successfully applying the update file magicspam-mailenable-1.0.5-4-win-me

Is this just a cosmetic issue or is there a more serious problem here?

T Hanks,
George

magicspam

Re: Updated to MagicSpam 1.0.5-4 Comsole Screen still 1.0.5-

Post by magicspam » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your question. We checked with our development team and the packages were built correctly with the correct version info. We are wondering if there is a browser caching issue (try clearing your cache).

To be safe you might consider fully uninstalling and reinstalling MagicSpam. For your reference, you may download the installation file from our download site: http://www.magicspam.com/download/

Thanks!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

gkasica

Post by gkasica » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:26 am

If I uninstall the software will my customizations be lost? I have quite an extensive number of white listed addresses and such that would be difficult to recreate. Is there a directory of files I should copy off before uninstalling?

gkasica

Post by gkasica » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Made a copy of the control subdirectory as that is where I located all my customizations. Did an uninstall and reinstall and it did not over write the control directory but I AM now seeing 1.05-4 as well as the new Rule mentioned in the upgrade.

All is good issue can be closed at this time.

Thank you.
George Kasica
Netwrx Consulting
Jackson, WI
http://www.netwrx1.com

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”