Question about Qmail Remove

It really makes a developer or a support person's day when people say nice things about them, their products and what they do. Want to give us complements? By all means. The more people hear about the good things.. the more people use this, and the more we can give back.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

marco114

Question about Qmail Remove

Post by marco114 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 am

Hi, I used Qmail-Remove to pull out 1000s of messages from my email queue. How do you "manually" put them back? Where do they go exactly?

My qmail is in /var/qmail/ and I am running CentOS 4.8.

Thanks
Marc

magicspam

Re: Question about Qmail Remove

Post by magicspam » Fri May 28, 2010 9:51 am

Qmail is not part of MagicSpam, and as such, we do not support it. You accept full responsibility for the actions you take on your server if you follow the following instructions.

The first time you ran qmail-remove, you were likely prompted to create a "yanked" directory somewhere on the file system. That is where all the messages that qmail-remove has removed are stored. If you know where your queued messages are stored (possibly /var/qmail) you should see directories in there such as "mess" or "info". You will also notice that the messages in the "yanked" directory are in the pattern of 123456.mess or 123456.info. You will want to move (and rename) those messages so they are just the number portion, and they are in the appropriate directories. For example, 123456.mess would become /var/qmail/mess/X/123456, where X is one of the numbered directories under "mess".
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “You Guys Rock! - Want to say nice things about our products or team?”