MagicSpam vrs 4psa Spam

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

Gator767

MagicSpam vrs 4psa Spam

Post by Gator767 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi, right now im using in 3 servers 4psa SPAM for plesk, im running 3 servers with plesk 8.6
when i bought the license for 4psa i reduced dramatically the spam sended to our server
but i never could stop for 2 servers the "bounce" type of spam, and a few weeks ago
i started receiveing more spam and i didnt touch the configuration so, its new spam and 4psa is not recognizing it with the correct score.

Im interested in change our spam solution to MagicSpam for plesk, but i have some doubts..

differences between 4psa vrs magicspam?
where is stored the spam or posible spam? in the case you have false positives? for example, 4psa can redirect all spam or possible spam to a determinated email account.

4psa uses a lot of filters like pyzor, razor, bayes, etc. what uses Magicspam?

and one last question but this is about the purchase.. $10.99 per month license, monthly charged.. is there any discount if we pay 1 year in advance?

please let me know, maybe there are some holes in questions, but i need to improve our spam solution and i think magic spam could be our salvation.

regards

Gabriel.

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam vrs 4psa Spam

Post by magicspam » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 am

While we don't like to critique other products. We prefer to have our product stand on it's own merits, however in general most other products concentrate on filtering messages AFTER they have been accepted, at which point if they try to 'bounce' a message, most of the time it will cause BackScatter. MagicSpam is different in that we do our tests DURING the SMTP session where we can still reject the message before accepting it. This is what reduces the overhead, bandwidth and backscatter so much, and also helps to reduce attacts.

At only $10 bucks to try it out for a month, what have you got to loose :) You can cancel any time.

You can try it with your 4psa, and block the majority with MagicSpam and let the 4psa do final filtering. MagicSpam does NO quarantining at this time. The idea is that we should only block unwanted emails :)

You also can have exemption lists, bypassing the checks for a specific IP source, or email destination.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Gator767

Post by Gator767 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:58 am

Hi, thanks for your answer, in fact that was my other question(if magicspam works with 4psa installed)
and as you say for only 10bucks i will try it right now..

but i have one last doubt, how can i know if there are any "false positive"?

let me know

regards.

Gabriel

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 am

MagicSpam utilizes a unique system of identifying sources of spam through the various combinations of rules and block lists. When a message is blocked by MagicSpam, it a detailed message back to the source server explaining why the message was blocked along with links to more information in order for the mail server administrator for that sender to properly configure their service. This takes the onus of working around other administrators problems off you and back where it properly belongs.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”