Whitelist import

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

raymondlee

Whitelist import

Post by raymondlee » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:45 pm

I've had a number of clients call me up this week saying that many legitimate emails from there clients are being bounced back to there clients.

I've added them to the MagicSpam whitelist, however the calls are becoming frequent.

I received 3 calls from 3 different clients today.

Is there anyway that magic spam can import emails address's so they can be added to the whitelist in mass amounts. One client has 500 clients and to add them individually is a tremendous amount of work.

Incidentally one of my clients(not on our server) who i was corresponding with. I was receiving his emails then all of a sudden his emails were bouncing back to him. He was using his blackberry? The log showed: SPAM[check_dynamic_reverse_dns] When i put him on the white list and they stopped bouncing. I'm just wondering why there was no problem at first and then bouncing occurred out of the blue?

Ray

magicspam

Re: Whitelist import

Post by magicspam » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:47 pm

raymondlee wrote:Is there anyway that magic spam can import emails address's so they can be added to the whitelist in mass amounts. One client has 500 clients and to add them individually is a tremendous amount of work.
Currently, the system only allows for a maximum of 500 entries to the whitelist. This limitation was put in place to ensure that the MagicSpam process is as fast and efficient as possible. For future versions, we are looking at alternative methods to storing this data to give us the ability to increase the limit currently in place.

As for automating the addition of your new whitelist entries, we currently do not have any tool available in the interface to do this. We do, however, have a command line tool which can be used to insert a single entry. If you are comfortable with the standard linux shell, you should be able to use this tool to insert your entries more easily than through the interface. Would you like instructions for the command line tool?
raymondlee wrote:Incidentally one of my clients(not on our server) who i was corresponding with. I was receiving his emails then all of a sudden his emails were bouncing back to him. He was using his blackberry? The log showed: SPAM[check_dynamic_reverse_dns] When i put him on the white list and they stopped bouncing. I'm just wondering why there was no problem at first and then bouncing occurred out of the blue?
Would you be able to provide the entire SPAM log entry? Also, do you have one of the entries which shows the system *not* marking the message as spam? If you have both of these log entries, we will be able to compare the differences to see why one triggered our spam protection and the other didn't. If you only have the SPAM entry, we should be able to point out why the system marked that message.

If you are comfortable in the filesystem on your server, you can find all of the log entries for the last week in /var/log/magicspam
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”