Log search button not working

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

WolfgangP

Log search button not working

Post by WolfgangP » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi,

i have just installed the version of Magic spam, I have 3 questions,

1st, I saw in my linux console qmail monitor , the it could not connect to MBS or something like that is was moving too quickly for me to copy,

2nd, I click on the search log file bottom of page, nothing happens, is it not supposed to do something?

3rd, do the recipients of the email get notification of blocked spam? are the able to whitelist or add to whitelist?

magicspam

Re: Log search button not working

Post by magicspam » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:24 am

Hello WolfgangP,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

To answer your questions / observations - Not much we can tell you about the MBS message (possibly related to BMS?) that you saw without further information. Is your server configured to also store such information to log files as well or just console?

Regarding log search, we have already responded to you via email on this but just so it is listed here as well, the log search function requires that there be data in both the 'sender' and 'recipient' lookup fields of the form. As mentioned, we have passed on to our development team as well to update the interface to make this more clear. You should also note that the log search fields do support windows style '*' wildcards, so you can enter *@* in the sender field if you are looking for all entries for a given recipient.

Regarding you last question, recipients do not get notified of blocked messages. The whole point of MagicSpam is to stop messages directly at the SMTP layer prior to the overhead of message processing / delivery.

The current version of MagicSpam does not permit end users to whitelist email addresses - the MagicSpam system is intended to be enforcement of policies that you, as the server operator, control. There are tentative plans though for a MagicSpam 'pro' edition that may include this facility.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”