MagicSpam - Schedule of New Updates ( 26.8.2011 )

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

blue

MagicSpam - Schedule of New Updates ( 26.8.2011 )

Post by blue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 am

Hi guys, I use magicspam and for most parts its works well, however something that concerns me is the lack of updates to the actual application to give greater functionality.

Can someone in the know give an indication of whats to come and when as I am sure the wishlists and extra functionality touched upon in various threads must have made its way to a newer release of this product.

Any updates on this would be welcome for myself and all your other current users.

Cheers

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam - Schedule of New Updates ( 26.8.2011 )

Post by magicspam » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 am

Hello Blue and thanks for your post.

We're always busy at work trying to add additional functionality and keep MagicSpam up to date. Here's some things we're trying to push out for the Fourth Quarter of this year.

Current releases being worked on:
  • cPanel for Resellers (Beta)
  • Next General release of MagicSpam
  • MagicSpam Professional Edition for Parallels Plesk
These are listed in the order we expect to push them out that quarter.
Also, let us know if there's a specific enhancement you were interested in the status of. We'd be glad to oblige.

Thanks!

jesawyers

Post by jesawyers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm

When do you expect to release the functionally that will allow the IP Black List to use wildcards?

I like the product, but I can't keep typing in all the spam IP addresses I'm getting for example from 64.*.*.*

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 am

Thank you for your post jesawyers!

We are expecting to include provisional support for 'wild card' listings (combined with netmask/cidr support) for the IP lists with the next release of MagicSpam. We are presently in the stages of 'Beta' testing for the MagicSpam Pro for cPanel/WHM release, which will be followed by the next general release of MagicSpam - rough time frame for release: 2 months.

Now.. this said... there is a real reason why we have been loathe to permit wildcard IP listings. Blocking a whole Class A such as your example shows would likely have some very severe and unexpected consequences.... so expect that the mechanisms we do put in place will have some safety restrictions in place.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”