Email on whitelist still being bounced

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

deelicious

Email on whitelist still being bounced

Post by deelicious » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 pm

I have an email address added to my whitelist and the sender still can not send emails to our server without receiving her message bounced back. When looking at the logs, this is what is reported:

Jul 26 13:57:26 new-mydomain magicspam-plesk[26166]: FROM_WHITELIST: mua=0,ip=[216.32.181.185:ch1ehsobe005.messaging.microsoft.com],helo=<ch1outboundpool.messaging.m icrosoft.com>,from=<jmenl@xxx.com>,rcpt=<stacey@xxx.com>

How can I receive emails from this address? Thank you.

magicspam

Re: Email on whitelist still being bounced

Post by magicspam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Greeting deelicious, and thank you for your post!

When a log entry shows up with 'FROM_WHITELIST', or really any entry besides 'SPAM', this means that MagicSpam has passed the message through and back to the underlying Mail server.

The fact that the message is being bounced despite that would seem to indicate that it was bounced by some other mechanism. Have you checked the Plesk Mail logs to determine a cause? Possibly a SpamAssassin scan hit?

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”