How whitelist many server using the reverse dns

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

m0rpheu5

How whitelist many server using the reverse dns

Post by m0rpheu5 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 am

Hello guys, i would like to know how can i whitelist many server using the reverse dns, like, i´m having problems to receive many emails from Locaweb, is the bigger Provider here in Brazil, many of this servers are listed in blacklisted or have a bad ip reputation, and all the reverse dns is XXXXX.locaweb.com.br or XXXX.hospedagemdesites.ws so I would like to know how can i whitelist everything like *.locaweb.com.br or *.hospedagemdesites.ws.

Thanks

magicspam

Re: How whitelist many server using the reverse dns

Post by magicspam » Mon May 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Assuming you can determine the CIDR notation for the IPs that kasserver uses, you can add it to your trusted networks by going into your Plesk control panel and going to System > Mail Server Settings > White List. There may or may not be an existing entry for "127.0.0.0 / 8".

If you add their IPs to the trusted networks, you will see that the "mua" portion of your logs changes from "mua=0" to "mua=1". That indicates that either the connection is coming from a trusted network, or the sender is authenticating with your server.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”