Options not being saved in MagicSpam settings?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

atomicguava

Options not being saved in MagicSpam settings?

Post by atomicguava » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:28 am

I've recently installed MagicSpam on a Plesk 9.3 server running on RHEL 5.

When I amend settings, they do not appear to be saving the preference change.

Even though the radio button remains under the 'enabled' column, the status text next to them just says 'disabled'.

I've had a lot of clients complain about receiving lots of SPAM and I'm wondering if it's because the options I'm enabling aren't actually taking effect?

magicspam

Re: Options not being saved in MagicSpam settings?

Post by magicspam » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you for contacting us.

The enabled/disabled text beside the name of each rule is the default, not its current value. We are aware of the confusion it may cause, and we plan to update it to be more intuitive in a future release.

Would you be able to post some log snippets from the spam messages that got through for us to review and see if we can determine the cause? Could you also please post your MagicSpam settings so which can see which rules are enabled? With that extra information, we should be able to help find the cause of the messages that are getting through.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

atomicguava

Post by atomicguava » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:45 am

Thanks for this, I think it was a combination of a late night and too much caffeine, but I missed that! Everything is working, and the software settings were being saved, I just got in a muddle. Sorry!

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 pm

It's not a problem at all. We're just glad that you were able to get everything sorted out.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”