After update to 2.1-7.1, Log doesn't work anymore

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

flexor

After update to 2.1-7.1, Log doesn't work anymore

Post by flexor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:51 am

Hey guys,
after updating my Plesk MagicSpam Extension to the current version 2.1-7.1, my log (dashboard and also the log/statistic tab) isn't updated on scanned e-mails. What can I do to achieve it working again? If it's relevant, I use "MagicSpam for Plesk (PRO Version)".
Here is a screenshot of the /var/log/magicspam/ directory (In dashboard, the newest e-mail is from 4th august 2017, 8:54AM):
Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 09.49.13.png
Thank you for your support!

magicspam

Re: After update to 2.1-7.1, Log doesn't work anymore

Post by magicspam » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello flexor,

Thank you for your post.

To start troubleshooting this issue, would you please be able to send us the output of the following commands?

ls -al /etc/magicspam/
ls -alR /var/log/magicspam

This should give us an idea if there is a file permissions issue at play or if further investigation is required.

In the meantime you can reset MagicSpam logs and see if MagicSpam start generating fresh logs by following instructions below:

1. Stop MagicSpam by clicking the "Disable Protection" button found under the "Settings" tab in the "System" section.

2. Issue these two commands to clear out the old log and counter data:

rm /var/log/magicspam/.counter*

rm /var/log/magicspam/mslog*

3. Start MagicSpam again by clicking the "Enable Protection" button found under the "Settings" tab in the "System" section.

Please let us know if you have any questions or updates in the meantime.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”