Spams are directly removed ?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

nico

Spams are directly removed ?

Post by nico » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:48 am

Hi,

I just install MagicSpam solution for plesk in standard version.
In MagicSpam logs, I see that mails are detected as spam, but I want to know what these messages become?
Are they directly removed ?

Is it possible with MagicSpam to change subject line by adding a patern (eg ***** SPAM *****) like spamAssassin ?

have a good day

Nico

magicspam

Re: Spams are directly removed ?

Post by magicspam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:35 am

Hello nico,

Thank you for the post.

With MagicSpam, all detected spam messages are rejected right away. Such messages are not accepted into your mail server for further processing.

The standard and free versions of MagicSpam do not provide the functionality to add a pattern (eg ***** SPAM *****) on spam messages. However, the PRO version (MagicSpam PRO) has the option to enable this function to accept spam messages and flag them with a pattern you specify, instead of rejecting them directly.

If you would like to use the PRO version, please remove the current MagicSpam version from your Plesk system, and then purchase MagicSpam PRO from the Plesk extensions catalog.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Rockoids

Post by Rockoids » Sun May 01, 2016 4:38 am

I have a further question:

So if spam is rejected right away, what if it's a false positive? Does that mean I can never relieve that message or notify the sender it was mistakenly blocked?

Peace,
Gene

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon May 02, 2016 10:05 am

Hello Gene,

When MagicSpam rejects a spam message, the SMTP session is ended and your servers resources aren't wasted on even downloading the message to your server; this can save you bandwidth, disk I/O, memory and processing power.

In the case of a false positive, the sender would be notified immediately of the problem and hopefully they can either fix the issue or contact you via another channel to request whitelisting.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”