RBL List not working

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

timbo_clarke

RBL List not working

Post by timbo_clarke » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:01 am

Hi -

I have just installed MagicSpam for the first time, and am impressed at the amount of Spam it is already catching. However, it is letting Spam through from IP Addresses that are Blacklisted in Spamhaus Zen, which is in my RBL list.

Please can you advise what I have done wrong?

magicspam

Re: RBL List not working

Post by magicspam » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your post.

Would you please post a screenshot of your RBL settings in MagicSpam so that we can better investigate your issue?

If you look in your MagicSpam log (either using the log search tool or looking at the actual MagicSpam mslog file), do you see any hits at all on your RBL?

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

timbo_clarke

Post by timbo_clarke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi -

Thanks for your reply. How do I post a screen shot? I am clicking on the "img" button above, but it won't let me do anything?

Yes, some Spam is being blocked from the RBL lists. It looks like only the two preconfigured Spamrats lists though.

I have added:

SpamCop
(RBL-Host: bl.spamcop.net)

Spamhaus Zen
(RBL-Host: zen.spamhaus.org)

Neither of which appear to be working.

Can you also explain the benefits of the paid version over the free version, please? It's not clear on you website.

Thanks
Tim

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 am

Hello Tim,

Thank you for the update.

We would like to find out more about your MagicSpam installation.

Could you please contact support@magicspam.com and tell us which version of MagicSpam you're running currently?
You may also attach screenshots to your email.

We'll be happy to send you back a PDF with a breakdown of the different MagicSpam versions.

Thanks!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”