Permission error in Mail log tail

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

KicksaintNick

Permission error in Mail log tail

Post by KicksaintNick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 am

Hi there,

I'm experiencing an issue with Magicspam-plesk. I've noticed these errors in a tail of my mail log:
Feb 11 03:43:05 threefoldhosting magicspam-plesk[2943]: lm_lock.c:89 ERROR lm_sem_lock(): Permission denied
Feb 11 03:43:05 threefoldhosting magicspam-plesk[2943]: lm_lock.c:131 ERROR lm_sem_unlock(): Permission denied
Feb 11 03:43:05 threefoldhosting magicspam-plesk[2943]: lm_lock.c:89 ERROR lm_sem_lock(): Permission denied
Feb 11 03:43:05 threefoldhosting magicspam-plesk[2943]: lm_lock.c:131 ERROR lm_sem_unlock(): Permission denied

I haven't been able to find anything online to assist with this...

magicspam

Re: Permission error in Mail log tail

Post by magicspam » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am

Hello,

Thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear about your issue. A quick question, are you currently using the latest version of MagicSpam (1.0.8-1.3)? If not, we suggest starting by updating to the latest version. You can download the up-to-date MagicSpam packages from our downloads site:
http://www.magicspam.com/download/index.php

Asside from that, it appears you have a stuck semaphore - please try running:

Code: Select all

ipcrm -S 0x0000059e
Are we correct in thinking you are running Plesk with the Postfix MTA? If so then the next step after will be:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/magicspam-milter restart
There should be no interruption of service though there may be 1 or 2 messages that come in during the 'restart' period that will not be scanned by MagicSpam - but they should deliver just fine.

In closing, please verify you are using the latest version. If so, please let us know as we will need to launch an investigation.

Thanks!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

KicksaintNick

Re: Permission error in Mail log tail

Post by KicksaintNick » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 am

Thanks for the assistance,

After upgrading to the latest plugin my problems have been resolved.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”