If i install the MagicSpam, do i need any other program?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

m0rpheu5

If i install the MagicSpam, do i need any other program?

Post by m0rpheu5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 am

Hello, i would like to know if i start to use the MagicSpam, do i need to continue using Clamav and Spam assassin and manyother programs as DCC, Pyzor, Razor, Clapf to combat the spam and virus in my server?? or can i uninstall ALL of this programs and use only the MagicSpam, i think that will use less memory and cpu usage.

Thanks

magicspam

Re: If i install the MagicSpam, do i need any other program?

Post by magicspam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 am

Thank you for your interest in MagicSpam.

MagicSpam provides blocklists and SMTP policies you can use to block incoming messages from servers that are known spam hosts and/or are configured incorrectly, and are therefore more likely to be spam hosts. It does not have anti-virus or content-filtering capability, so we recommend ClamAV and SpamAssassin to cover those two areas. Several of our customers are doing just that to combat spam and viruses and as far as we are aware, none of them are continuing to use any of DCC, Pyzor, Razor or Clapf after switching to MagicSpam.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

m0rpheu5

Post by m0rpheu5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 am

I have some clients, that send/receive emails with some domain on China, that are in many black list, i would like to know if i can put this domain on whitelist to make this message arrive??

Otherthing, there is any interface on plesk to the client set the white and blacklist or only me can do that?

thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes, you can add IP exemptions and add entries to the from-whitelist.

Only the administrator has permissions to access the settings and add/remove whitelist entries.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”