Blatant Spam not caught

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

jakeboyle

Blatant Spam not caught

Post by jakeboyle » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:36 am

I am receiving multiple spam like this one usually with virus attached.
I have every filter enabled and catch hundreds of spam daily.
I don't understand why not caught.
Any advice. (my email obscured by *** and I had to delete most of the header as this forum says I can only have 4 urls in my post! that is not very helpful If I need to post an email header)

DomainKey-Status: no signature
Return-Path: <fraud@aexp.com>
Received-SPF: softfail (urano.nuserver.co.uk: transitioning domain of aexp.com does not designate 69.198.81.166 as permitted sender) client-ip=69.198.81.166; envelope-from=fraud@aexp.com; helo=mail.ctl-usa.com;
Received: from mail.ctl-usa.com (unknown [69.198.81.166])
by urano.nuserver.co.uk (Postfix) with ESMTP;
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:32:55 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from [151.144.231.203] (port=54520 helo=[10.0.3.14]) by 69.198.81.166 with asmtp id 1rqLaL-000BX-00 for ***@shipton.com; Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:32:55 -0800

admin
Site Admin

Re: Blatant Spam not caught

Post by admin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 am

Hello jakeboyle,

Thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with spoofed emails. This is actually a rising trend that we have spotted and we are doing a couple of things to combat this increase.

We are working closely with the the BMS list maintainers, specifically SpamRATS, to try to list the culprit IP addresses sooner. This will give MagicSpam an edge against the spoofed emails now and in the near future. Please feel free to send us samples of these uncaught messages as email attachments - support@magicspam.com

For a long term solution we are working to implement a "Known-sender Forgery" system which, in our testing has been proven to reduce such spoofed emails by a huge margin! Unfortunately our development team has not been able to establish an estimated release date at this time.

Thank you again for your post!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”