MagicSpam Wishlist

Help us help you. We all want the product to continually improve, and you the customer can help us with that. Please visit here for ideas about our future roadmaps, schedules etc, and feel free to post your WISHLISTS for our developers and management to read.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

mattcrane

MagicSpam Wishlist

Post by mattcrane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi, I am using Magic Spam, love it and have a wishlist of features.

1. A changelog with new releases
2. Ability to whitlist domains i.e *@dzined.co.uk
3. Ability to specify no. of logs to keep and option for them to be email periodcally or an email with a link to save the log locally
4. Ability to read address from a mySQL table for Whitelist - I.e. I can allow my customers to whitelist important addresses via their web admin system, this basically enters the email into a mysql table on the server which would be read by magicspam in addition to the control panel module whitelist.
5. Improve the log display perhaps with a nice bit of JS table sorting and AJAX niceties, I don't mind commiting some dev time myself on this.
6. Show version number on the module in plesk

Thats all for now. I will be happy to promote MagicSpam through our website. Its a great module, well priced and extremely easy to install. Affiliate schemes perhaps? ;-)

Matt

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam Wishlist

Post by magicspam » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Hello Matt,

Thank you for letting us know your wishlist items for MagicSpam for Plesk. We will certainly add this to our feature request list for future consideration.

We are keeping a changelog with our releases and we are looking at ways to make it available on our download page.

Thanks again for your input!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

pnjfksx

Post by pnjfksx » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 am

Since this is a wishlist, I would like control of the filters on a domain basis.

garmtech

Post by garmtech » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Yes, it would be very good to allow use of IP ranges (xxx-xxx), masks (xxx.xxx.*.*) and networks (xxx/24), also as e-mail wildcards (*,?).

garmtech

Post by garmtech » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:59 pm

*) It would be also great to have an option to disable magicspam ads in qmail greeting message. We try to keep our system as secure as possible, but this reveals somehow useful information.

*) more detailed statistics: count number of mails affected by specific rule, so we could see rule and number of mails that was rejected by that (with possibility to filter log by this criteria).

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Thanks for all the good suggestions.. We may have to include a voting system here as well, for the most wished for features. However, I want to comment on some of the suggestions to date.

The things you are most likely to see first on the roadmap are:

o Improved Module Admin Interface
o Improved Spam Logging Tools and Search Features
o Rate Limiters, Inbound and Outbound.

We will probably improve the whitelists/blacklists and exemption lists to allow more wildcards as well.

However, to some of the other comments. Some one mentioned 'Grey Listing'. It is a buzz word however there were many pros and cons with it as well, and we all have seen the double messages as spammers work to bypass grey listing. It also blocks some systems that only send notices once. Someone asked about storing data in MySql or Postgres.. and making per domain and per user rules. That would require major changes, much more development, support and maintenance, and make it harder to deploy across all versions. Eventually you may see a 'MagicSpam PRO for Plesk' which might have some of those features, but it isn't our first priority.

The MagicSpam greeting can already be changed to some extent. That is of course marketing, by default it will probably be there to some degree, but it should be a FAQ item on how to change it.

But keep up all the great suggestions. We will change the Forum to have some sub forums to make it easier to keep track of WishList, FAQ'a etc.

garmtech

Post by garmtech » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:43 pm

It would be also good to include mailuser existence check (or skip on catch-all domains), because I found today that MagicSpam passes as HAM mail to non-existent mailbox with no catch-all on that domain (this technique often used for backscatternig). But then it should also provide mail harvesting protection in this case. I think it's not too hard to implement (as one of On/Off rules) and is very useful on dropping server load and traffic.

garmtech

Post by garmtech » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:06 am

Here's another idea - a user-level access to whitelists, so they could add their hosted e-mails to 'recipient' whitelist, because now we had to do it for them and usually it's very time-consuming and disturbing to add few dozens of e-mails from one domain to whitelist.

mattcrane

Post by mattcrane » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:00 am

Hi there,

Any ideas on perhaps when we might be able to start adding wildcard emails to the whitelist i.e. *@domain.com

This is beginning to become quite a task keeping up with clients requests for adding to a whielist.

Also is there anyway of seeing which version of MagicSpam is installed in plesk?

Thanks

<att

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Whitelist wildcards is certainly on our list of future features to include, however we do not yet have an expected release date for this update.

You should be able to see which version is installed by using the Module Management screen in Plesk.

Return to “Wishlists and Roadmaps”